Skip to main content

Walking Away The Denial

Over the past few years, I have been in denial.  Denial that I have a weight proplem that has gotten out of hand the way that it has.  Over time the 5 lbs. that I thought nothing of, has crept up to be well over 100 lbs. plus that I need to lose.   Now I know that this weight did not creep up over night, that it was gradual.  That I am fully responsible for the situation that I am currently in.

Having said that.  I am looking denial in the face and telling him to kiss my butt.  By facing that I have to take care of this instead of wishing it away, it means that I have to finally deal with it and take care of it.  How am I going to take care of this?  There are a lot of things I can do.  However with my size, there are limits that a fat girl can actually do.

Though I will say that I am blessed to live close enough to Cedar Point that I can go walk the park a few times.  One loop around Cedar Point equals two miles.  There is also Soak City as well.  Soak City is good for two reasons.  Cooling off on a hot summers day.  More importantly though, is that if you walk through Lazy River, it is good resistance for your legs and your burning twice the calories.  Even to walk up and down the beach at Cedar Point is good because the sand works against you.  There are even volleyball nets set up along the beach as well. 

There are a lot of options to get out and get moving.  Even if you dont have money.  Its not about joining the gym for me.  Its about getting moving and making the right decesions.  To kick denial in the butt and telling my weight proplem good-bye for good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving My Body

One of the things I have been thinking a lot about being off, and recovering from surgery, is how important it is for us to love our bodies, to love ourselves for what and who we are.  Not to be ashamed or embarrassed by our flaws and imperfections. 

I have wondered often if I would love who I am at the end of this journey.  Be proud of the person I am and the accomplishments I have achieved.  The truth this, is that I have had to learn to be proud of myself in each moment, not just wait until the end of my journey.  The same is true for loving who I am.  There is no reason why we must wait to be proud of who we are.

Life is always changing and throwing us curve balls.  It never goes as planned.  So, each day, I have had to choose to love who I am in each moment and accept the daily challenges that come up. 

Post surgery, as I look at my body, and see how I appear to have mis-matched parts, from my perspective.  However, I have worked hard to get to this point in my life. Yes, I sti…

No More Crying

This past week, was an incredibly busy, rough week.  A lot of long days and short nights with little down time.  By the time Sunday came, I was ready to collapse on the couch and call it a week.  My body needed a break, and my brain needed to shut down. 
During the course of the week, I worked a lot of overtime during the day, and still made time to head to the gym for my team training sessions at night.  Tuesday I ended up so frustrated and embarrassed about my inability to do simple workouts that I left the gym floor in tears. After the others left that night, I ended up staying and hitting the tire and talking with one of the ladies about my frustrations with what was going on.
It was incredibly embarrassing for me to cry in front of somebody and to open up.  Both of which I do not do in person a lot.  Its new for me and its hard.  At no time do I want anyone to think I am weak or incapable of doing something.  My life has been under going a lot of changes the last six months, an…

Good Bye Fat Suit

Food.  It fuels our bodies.  Gives our strength.  We need it to live.  Yet it is my addiction.  My comfort and confidant.  Controlling my urge to eat when emotional and stressed is a challenge.  Unlike other addictions, we need to eat to live.  Outsourcing the stress and emotion in other areas is critical.  However, we must decide if we are picking up the fork and eating because we actually hungry, or if we are just bored, anxious, bored or emotional. 

The last few weeks have been highly stressful for me.  Therefore its been hard for me to stay away from the foods and other habits that got me to my old size.  I can say that at this point it is all mental.  Awhile back, I made the decision to take time off from the gym when my membership was over.  This was purely just to make sure that my body was healing properly from the surgery, because I have still been having a few issues. 

The time off from the gym was no intention for me to use that as an excuse to be lazy.  My body has been …